Software: Corel Draw, Photoshop and Illustrator
Time: 9am-11am, 11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm, 3pm-5pm, 5pm-7pm(evening)
Study mode: Full Time (Weekdays 9am-5pm) or Evening (5pm-7pm) and Weekend (on request 10am-4pm)
Requirements: Basic knowledge of the Windows/Mac operating system
Calendar: Jan 16-Feb 3, Feb 6-24, Mar 6-24, Apr 3-21, May 8-26, Jun 5-23
Create Stunning Graphic Designs in 3 weeks
Graphic Design is all around us! Words and pictures, the building blocks of graphic design are the elements that carry the majority of the content in both the digital world and the printed world. As graphic design becomes more visible and prevalent in our lives, graphic design as a practice becomes more important in our culture. Through visual examples, this course will teach you the fundamental principles of graphic design. Beyond the basics, you will also learn tips and tricks to become a professional graphics designer.
Who is this course designed for?
This class is appropriate for those who are new to design generally or those who have basic knowledge and are willing to raising the bar on what they know already. This syllabus is subject to change as necessary during the quarter. If a change occurs, it will be thoroughly addressed during class. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be expected to
1. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the
elements of graphic design.
2. Understand and communicate in the
language of graphic design.
3. Use of software such as Corel Draw,
Photoshop and the Internet.
4. Students will learn to solve problems using
5. Approach briefs from the real world
At the end of this course you will have learned
how to explore and investigate visual representation through a range of image-making techniques; have understand basic principles of working with shape, color and pattern; been exposed to the language and skills of typography; You will have a core set of graphic design skills that you can apply to your own projects.
What system configuration will I need?
Students should bring their laptops which should meet or exceed the following hardware configurations.
- Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows® 7 or Mac OS
- 32-bit/64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor
- 2 GB of RAM minimum (8 GB recommended)
- 16 GB of free disk space for installation
- Qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL® graphics card
- 3-button mouse
Will I get a certificate at the end of my training?
Students will qualify for a certificate of training only if the pass the assessment exam at the end of the training course. Final score is based on attendance (10%), tests (30%) and a final examination (60%) based on the standard grading system.
This course is a great start for students who are new to Adobe Premiere Pro or transitioning from different editing packages . We adopt a simple production-based training methodology and our students gain valuable inside knowledge from our years of hands-on experience in video production.
INTRODUCTION TO THE GRAPHIC DESIGN INDUSTRY/EQUIPMENT
• History of Graphic Design
• Future of Graphic Design
ELEMENTS OF DESIGN
PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN
• Anatomy of a letter
• Typographic Measurement
• Typographic Standards
• Typographic Guidelines
CREATING DESIGNS FOR PRINT & WEB
• Design Poster/Flyers, Magazine Cover and CD Cover
• Raster Vs Vector
• Understanding logo design
• Dynamics of an effective logo
• Designing a Logo
• Difference between logo design, corporate identity and branding
• Cropping out images
• Photo Retouching
• Photo compositions
• Assignment/Fictitious briefs
FINAL EXAM, STUDENT ASSESSMENT AND GRADUATION
• Recapitulation & questions,
• Getting jobs and being successful as a graphic designer
• Final Project